Many individuals take ache medicines like acetaminophen and NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine) to alleviate signs. However overusing them with out medical steering can result in dangerous negative effects.
As an acupuncturist with 10 years of medical expertise, I’ve had 1000’s of sufferers come to me for assist with pressure complications.
In acupuncture remedy, strain is positioned on sure factors of the physique to calm down muscle mass and enhance blood movement. Listed below are some strategies I take advantage of to rapidly relieve complications — with out the needles!
These acupuncture factors are on the bony base of the cranium, on the left and proper sides. Inserting strain on them is not only useful for relieving complications, but additionally for neck ache and sinus congestion.
- Clasp your arms collectively behind your head, along with your thumbs dealing with down.
- Place your arms so that every thumb presses into the ditch on the base of the ability (one on the left, one on the proper).
- Apply light-to-moderate strain and rub in small circles. You could really feel some tenderness or pressure on this spot, which is regular.
- Do that till you begin to really feel some aid.
I name this the “painkiller button” as a result of it relieves complications whereas additionally delivering an “it hurts so good” feeling. (If you’re pregnant, I like to recommend avoiding this methodology as a result of it may be overstimulating.)
- Flip your palm to face down and discover the fleshy net house between the thumb and index finger.
- Press down on this level with the thumb of your reverse hand.
- As you press, gently push in direction of the bone of the index finger, or pinch it down such as you’re grabbing a card from a slot.
- Maintain with delicate to average strain for 60 seconds and alter the strain depth as wanted.
- Repeat two or 3 times on every hand.
Strolling outdoors at a brisk tempo for half-hour can lower your stress and supply contemporary oxygen, serving to to deal with pressure complications.
When you discover it tough to depart your desk fully, schedule brief breaks each 30 to 60 minutes. Rise up and stroll round or stretch for 5 to 10 minutes to encourage extra blood movement to the physique and mind.
Ingesting water also can assist calm down head and physique aches. Fatigue is usually brought on by an absence of hydration, and research have discovered that individuals who expertise complications and migraines typically do not drink sufficient water. I prefer to have my water heat with a slice of ginger or lemon.
Eileen Li is a licensed acupuncturist, Chinese language drugs physician and bodily therapist. She acquired her medical doctorate at Simmons College. From there, she labored within the bodily rehabilitation area specializing in continual ache analysis, pediatrics and geriatrics, inpatient psychiatry, and faculties. Her analysis on continual ache has been revealed in a number of journal publications. Comply with Eileen on TikTok and Instagram.
Do not miss: