I just lately had 2 delays out of three flights taken on home U.S. journeys. With a scarcity of employees at airports and a pointy rebound in demand for air journey, I feel no traveler can escape from flight disruption.
Let’s check out some stats on airport delays and airline cancellations:
Airports with most cancellations in Europe
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport: 14,200 flights
- Frankfurt Airport: 8,600 flights
- London Heathrow: 8,200 flights
- London Gatwick: 6,800 flights
- Munich Airport: 6,400 flights
*Flight cancellations between 1st April and twenty ninth June
UK Flight Cancellations
- Air France/KLM: 2,135 scheduled departures, 113 cancellations (5.3%)
- EasyJet: 15,601 scheduled departures, 738 cancellations (4.7%)
- British Airways: 11,590 scheduled departures, 419 cancellations (3.6%)
- Lufthansa: 1,080 scheduled departures, 38 cancellations (3.5%)
- Ryanair: 12,105 scheduled departures, 32 cancellations (0.3%)
Airline Delay and Cancellations within the US
US Flights Stats June 8-July 7:
- Scheduled Flights: 782,267
- Cancelled Flights: 19,640 (2.5%)
- Delayed Flights: 179,468 (22.9%)
Cancellation and delay stats for the U.S. airways (mainline flights)
- American Airways: 93,040 scheduled flights, 4,358 cancelled (4.68%), 26,105 delayed (28%)
- Delta Air Traces: 86,689 scheduled flights, 2,678 cancelled (3%), 17,508 delayed (20%)
- United Airways: 68,794 scheduled flights, 1,863 cancelled (2.7%), 15,404 delayed (22%)
- Southwest Airways: 115,833 scheduled flights, 1,058 cancelled (0.91%), 33,615 delayed (29%)
10 Journey Ideas
After 2 years, some vacationers have turn into rusty. I’m sharing some helpful tips about methods to journey nowadays:
1. Attempt to fly continuous with out connecting even when it might value extra. Too many home and regional flights are canceled final minute which can throw your multi-stop itinerary out.
Think about different modes of transport for short-distance journey because the queue on the airport safety is taking for much longer.
Ebook on morning flights. Attempt to keep away from night flights as possibilities of your flight could also be extra delayed because of roll-on delays.
You probably have the pliability, keep away from weekend journey. Think about journey on Tuesday and Wednesday which is much less crowded.
2. Obtain the app of your airline and get yourself up to speed with all of the options. In case of delay or re-route, attempt to lookup the airline app for essentially the most up to date info. You could possibly resolve points with out calling or queueing up on the buyer desk.
3. Monitor the airport web site to see the common safety checkpoint time and use flight monitoring app reminiscent of Radarbox, FlightAware or FlightRadar24 to see any flight delays on the airport.
4. Test-in on-line earlier than you go to the airport. Maintain monitoring your flight forward of time for plan B.
5. Attempt to pack gentle, carry carry-on baggage solely as the possibility of luggage mishandling is excessive.
6. Have a totally charged cellphone with you on the day of journey. Plus a conveyable charger and adapter helpful.